Community Living Services Program
The Community Living Services Program (CLSP) assists individuals with disabilities to function more independently in their homes and communities.
State funding from this program provides independent living services such as:
- Home Modifications including adding a ramp for wheelchair access to the home, bathroom modifications such as roll in showers and grab bars and other modifications to make a home accessible to a person with a disability.
- Assistive Devices and Equipment including items such as hearing aids and amplified telephones.
- Communication Services including items such as touch screens, speech keyboards and synthesized speech output devices (used with computers) as well as training in equipment use, Braille instruction, and reading services.
- Vehicle Modifications including van conversion to accommodate a wheelchair, wheelchair and scooter lifts, hand controls such as a spinner knob on the steering wheel to allow controlled steering with just one hand and other specialized modifications.
- Durable Medical Equipment such as a shower chair, walker and related items.
Apply for services:
To apply for independent living services through this program please contact Ryan Poling, CLSP Coordinator by phone (304) 636- 0143 or email (rpoling(at)nwvcil.org).