NWVCIL will close at noon on November 22nd and remain closed through the weekend for Thanksgiving. We will reopen Monday, November 27th at 8 AM.
We wish everyone a happy and safe holiday!
“Airbnb has sometimes come under fire for lack of access for travelers with disabilities. The home-stay company says it wants to do better. So it’s buying Accomable, a London company that arranges vacation stays in private homes that have verified accessibility features.
‘We want to help create new policies and procedures for vetting Airbnb properties, to make sure an Airbnb customer with accessibility needs can trust its offerings the same way they’d trust an Accomable listing,’ said Srin Madipalli, 31, Accomable CEO. An inveterate traveler and wheelchair user, he co-founded the London company two years ago after encountering many obstacles with accommodations during his globe-trotting.”
For full article visit: https://www.disabilityscoop.com/2017/11/17/airbnb-acquires-site-accessible/24442/
Sunday, December 3rd │ 9am – 11am
This is a special time with Santa reserved for children with Autism, sensory-disorders, and other disabilities. We make Santa’s Workshop sensory-friendly and have activities for the children to do while they wait to sit on Santa’s lap.
We invite your whole family to join us for this event. Arrive any time between 9am and 11am – no appointment or RSVP necessary.
If you have any questions or to let us know you’ll be bringing your child, just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern WV Center for Independent Living Youth Holiday Party!
When: December 15, 2017 from 6-8 pm
Where: 601-3 E Brockway Ave Suite A&B Morgantown, WV 26501
Who: Youth with disabilities; ages 14-24
Please join us for a night of holiday fun, festivities and food! This will provide a chance for youth with disabilities in our area to meet their peers and learn about upcoming youth activities. Please RSVP to Riley at 304-296-6091 or at email@example.com by December 11th. If attending, please notify Riley of any accommodations needed.
From the Bureau of Behavioral Health and Health Facilities:
West Virginians who need to enroll, re-enroll or switch health insurance plans through the Health Insurance Marketplace at www.healthcare.gov should note that the annual open enrollment for the Health Insurance Marketplace opens today and will be open a total of six weeks. It will will run from Nov. 1, 2017 through Dec. 15, 2017.
Consumers not covered by an employer-sponsored or a public plan can compare and enroll in individual health insurance plans via online exchanges operated via the federal government.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Procrastinators, beware. The 2018 healthcare.gov open enrollment period is Nov. 1 – Dec. 15, 2017, with coverage beginning Jan. 1, 2018.
• Need help? Call the West Virginia Offices of the Insurance Commissioner Consumer Services at 1-888-879-9842, TTY 1-800-435-7381.
• Have unpaid premiums? Beginning with 2018 open enrollment, insurance companies may be permitted to collect unpaid 2017 premiums before providing coverage in 2018.
• Want to carry over coverage? If you’re currently covered through the exchange and do not choose a plan for 2018, you will be re-enrolled in the same or a similar plan. Compare your existing plan against others in the marketplace to find the best fit.
• Not covered? Anyone without health insurance must pay a penalty for every month they are uninsured (unless they qualify for an exemption). If you lose coverage due to job loss or another
qualifying event, you have up to 90 days to secure coverage or pay a fee assessed against your tax return.
RETHINK YOUR RESEARCH
No matter which insurance option fits your needs, three simple steps will help you focus your research efforts, cut through the clutter and get smart about YOUR health insurance needs:
1. Start early. The more information you gather, the smarter your decisions.
2. Stay informed. The health insurance landscape is evolving rapidly. What is true today may be false tomorrow.
3. Shop around. What made sense this year may not be the best solution next year, particularly if your employment situation has changed. Take time to shop around.