NWVCIL is hiring an Independent Living Resource Specialist in Elkins, WV! A full job listing and additional information can be found on idealist.org.
The ILRS provides consumer-directed independent living skills training and peer and supportive counseling. Shares responsibility with other program staff for case finding (outreach), individual and systems advocacy and community education.
1. Ability to travel.
2. Ability to occasionally work long hours and/or weekends.
1. Provide information and short-term assistance to NWVCIL consumers;
2. Complete intake of consumers consistent with NWVCIL program services policies and procedures;
3. Conduct functional assessments for prospective and current consumers;
4. Provide training to individual consumers consistent with the NWVCIL’s priorities and selection criteria including the development and implementation of all phases of their self-directed independent services plan;
5. Collaborate with NWVCIL staff in the development of systemic activities as appropriate;
6. Assist in the planning and development of the program priorities; and
7. Compile information and prepare activities reports.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a human service field.
2. One to three years of experience working with people with disabilities.
1. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with or without reasonable accommodation.
2. Demonstrated ability to identify facts and develop creative solutions.
3. Familiarity in using computers for work processing, data collection and communication.
4. Familiarity with social services for people with disabilities.
1. Understanding of the Independent Living philosophy.
2. Interest in disability issues.
3. Ability to organize and prioritize complex tasks.
4. Commitment to the civil rights of all people.
5. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
6. Experience working with and/or sensitivity to people with disabilities.
7. Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
Please submit resume and cover letter as email attachment to Paulette Southerly at email@example.com. Please put “ILRS” in the subject line of the email. Note: this job is located in Elkins, WV.
NWVCIL is an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourages candidates from all races, national origin, ethnicities, genders, religion, ages, sexual orientation, abilities, and life experiences to apply.